While our priority at Pipestone is healthy pigs, our best asset to accomplish that is our people.
Our internship program is one of the best ways to help us find individuals who are ready to pursue a career in the swine industry.
Our Pipestone Production Internship Program offers:
• Practical, hands-on experience in all phases of swine production
• Opportunities to work with and receive guidance from respected professionals in the industry
• Opportunities to learn more about the swine industry
• Interaction with decision makers
• A professional environment for growth
Areas of Focus
Apply your interests in the swine industry through an internship focusing on all swine production areas including:
• Piglet Care
• Grow Finish Operations
• Information Bureau Procedures
• Wean to Finish Production
• Hear Health & Individual Pig Treatment
• Records & Accounting
• Sow Farm Production
Interns are involved with public outreach, assisting in Pipestone Discovery Barn events at numerous county fairs. The barns are filled with sow’s farrowing, weaned piglets, hatching chicks, cow’s calving and many other interactive agriculture displays. The Discovery Barn experience allows you to interact with consumers about their food supply and is a great experience to hone your public speaking skills.
• Interns will have the chance to complete a hands-on research trial and present findings at the end of the experience.
• Some intern students may attend industry related meetings to learn about the latest research findings
If you are a team player, then we want you on our team at Pipestone. Fostering team working skills in all Pipestone sites has been critical to our success as a leading pork production company in the United States. Your internship with Pipestoneis a unique opportunity to work in several of our production facilities allowing you to engage all phases of pork production, learning from our best leaders. We are optimistic that your experience will leave you eager for a rewarding career in the pork industry.
The company core values Pipestone uses to enhance and form our work environment are:
Pipestone has facilities located in, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin, there is the possibility of working in one or more of these states. All Pipestone employees adhere to a strict biosecurity program and interns will be trained to adhere to the program.
The Pipestone internship is a paid experience. Housing assistance will be provided if needed for interns entering our program. We encourage students to use the internship as college credit and will work with you and your college professor on requirements for attaining credit.
Interested in a production internship with Pipestone?